Phoenix Dating Tips One would think that dating in the city would be easy; since there are so many people, it should not be terribly difficult to find one person that you would love to spend the rest of your life with.
Unfortunately, though, shows like Sex and the City have proven that this is not the case. If you are living in the Phoenix or Scottsdale Area and are starting to feel a little bit like Carrie Bradshaw, here are some tips to help you to navigate the dating scene in your city amidst the desert.
Tip #1: Try out speed dating.
Phoenix and Scottsdale have a surprising number of speed dating events in the area, hosted by a few different groups. The nice thing about speed dating is that you know that the people who are involved are looking to date, too, so it can narrow down your search in a city full of people. Here are three resources that are worth checking out:
- Pre-dating Speed Dating- This website offers speed-dating events for single professionals in the Scottsdale area that are facilitated by members of their staff. At the end of each session, they will e-mail people who requested to see each other again. For more information, visithttp://www.pre-dating.com/phoenix/scottsdale-speed-dating/.
- Date Switch- This website lists weekly speed dating events that include 5-minute “mini dates” events for singles. Check outhttp://www.dateswitch.com/city/speed-dating-phoenix-scottsdale.html.
- MeetUp Groups- MeetUp.com has a specific group devoted to speed dating that, once you make a profile and join, will send you emails notifying you of upcoming events. Search Phoenix/Scottsdale Singles Speed Dating on meetup.com for more information.
Tip #2: Check out the nightlife.
If speed dating feels a little too structured to you, Scottsdale and Phoenix have a great nightlife scene that is worth checking out. According to the New York Times, Scottsdale is one of the “hippest and most happening” places in the country.
Downtown Scottsdale is home to most of the nightlife, especially between Camelback and Osborn roads. Because most of the bars and nightclubs are located within walking distance of one another, crowds of 40,000+ congregate here on the weekends.
Tip #3: Try out new date ideas.
If bars and nightclubs aren’t really your scene, try out some of these more eclectic locations to meet people or go on dates:
- Old Town Scottsdale- This area has a plethora of boutiques, cafes, museums and art galleries to explore with a date, or maybe to meet that special someone.
- Marshall Way Arts District- The first Thursday of each month in this area offers an art walk, with live music, gallery openings and refreshments.
- 5th Avenue Shops of Scottsdale- Even if shopping does not seem like a good date idea, this street offers over 35 restaurants in addition to many boutiques and art galleries- something for everyone!
City dating can be overwhelming, with so many options for places to go and people to meet. Hopefully, with these tips, you can more confidently navigate the Phoenix/ Scottsdale dating scene.