Are you single and ready to mingle in Chicago’s Suburbs? Chicago’s dating scene is full of attractive individuals and endless amount of unique first date ideas. However, just a short metra or “L” ride away you will find the Chicago Suburbs that has a plethora of ambitious singles and just as many unique date ideas. While many may think that the suburbs are boring, professional matchmaker and owner of Cupid’s Cronies, April Davis, begs to differ.
“The traditional dinner and a movie is so passé,” says Davis. “With over 17 million singles use an online dating site, app or professional matchmaking service to find their significant other, singles want to converse and really get to know their date. The first date should be in a fun atmosphere that will allow of a lively conversation.”
Here are Davis’ favorite first date ideas in the Chicago Suburbs:
- For the Nature lovers:The Morton Arboretum - Lisle, IL “The Morton Arboretum is the perfect location for those who love to be one with nature,” says Davis. “Opened 365 days, the arboretum has exhibits, events and trails for a biking, hiking or driving that will allow for a great conversation. With a lush rolling landscape, it is hard to believe you are just 30 minutes away from one the largest cities in the country.”
- For the Craft Beer and board game lovers:Bigby’s - Addison, IL- “Bigby’s concept of great beer, classic board games and excellent food is a recipe for a great first date,” says Davis. “ Bigby’s relaxed ambiance paired with an impressive craft beer menu allows for the conversation to flow naturally for beer lovers.”
- For the Sporty Couple: TopGolf- Naperville and Wood Dale, IL -“You don’t need to be Tiger Woods to enjoy TopGolf,” says Davis. “The sporty atmosphere of TopGolf is like stepping into an active sports bar. You can hit a couple of balls while enjoying music or catch your favorite team on one of their many flat screens. A little friendly competition is great ice breaker!”
- For the Historian Couple:Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Guided Interior Tour and Historic Neighborhood Walking Tour - Oak Park, IL- “For those who love the history of the Chicago, it is hard to pass up on the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Guided Interior Tour and Historic Neighborhood Walking Tour,” says Davis. “Oak Park is home to one of the country’s beloved architect, this walking tour will give you a history lesson, inspire you and let you converse with your date!”
- For the Culinary Couple:Marcel’s Culinary Experience - Glen Ellyn, IL- “Good food and a great conversation are always key to a memorable first date,” says Davis. “Marcel’s Culinary Experience provides several cooking classes that will teach you how to cook a great meal and offers the experience of learning something together!”
Any places we missed? Let us know in the comments below!