Summertime has arrived in Chicago! For those yearning to sport shorts and sundresses, the wait is now over. Most patios are now open and the high energy buzz will only continue to get more vibrant as people are enjoying the well deserved warm weather! So grab your honey and get out there to enjoy it while it lasts. Here are our top 15 Summer date idea picks for The Windy City!
- Get on the water! You and your date can do a variety of things through the Chicago Sailing; from learning to sail, fleet racing, Firework cruises, and they even have a BBQ Tuesday! Enjoy a romantic evening sailing until the sunsets-we don't know how much better it can get!
- If sailing is out of your budget and seems like too much work but you still want to get out on the water, perhaps taking a Seadog cruise is more your style! Choose from a variety of options such as the Lakeside tour, Extreme Thrill Ride, or the River and Lake Architectural Tour.
- Visit the Navy Pier and check out their fireworks show! Maybe by the end of the night you will be seeing fireworks in each other's eyes....
- Love music, dance or both? Then you are in luck! Behold the City of Chicago Summerdance from June 27th-September 14th located in the Spirit of Music Garden. So grab a dancing partner and put your dancing shoes on!
- Grab your blanket, picnic baskets, a bottle of wine and check out 1 (or ALL for the overly ambitious) of the 175 movies in the park! Cuddling and sweet little kisses encouraged!
- The stars and the planets all aligned in perfect unison in order for you to meet your honey. Okay, well maybe not so much. :) But maybe you'll be seeing stars in your date's eyes after a fun and yet romantic night at Adler After Dark held at the Adler Planetarium featuring music, drinks, and the best views of the Chicago skylines.
- Work it out together under the sunshine and green grass with a free yoga class held at Millennium Park. Beginners are welcome, and this could become a regular couple activity after giving it a try.
- What could make enjoying live blues music even better besides sharing it with your date? Being by the lake, of course! Blues by the Lake is apart of The Chicago Blues Festival that spans for 3 jam packed fun days of musical fun!
- Who doesn't love food?!?! It's even better when there's a variety of food and it's all brought to you within one place where you can delight your tasting palette as you please. Taste of Chicago is an outdoor food festival presenting all of Chicago's diverse cuisines right here in Grant Park. There is also music and family friendly activities that will be featured as well.
- Stop and smell the roses together at the Chicago Botanic Gardens! You and your date could go for a bike ride, bird watching or just stroll and enjoy all of the beautiful blooms and be enticed with the flowering scents!
So, now that you have our top 10 picks for some Summer loving--find yourself a date and get exploring! Most importantly, have fun and don't take yourself or the date too seriously. First dates are about having fun and slowly getting to know each other.
Have fun (and let us know if you'd like our help finding that special person to go on an epic first date with)!
Love, Cupid's Cronies