Being single in a city like Phoenix can sometimes be overwhelming. There are so many options for places to go and things to do. However, the advantage of being in a big city is that there are oftentimes many events held for people in the same single boat. In fact, there are tons of options and ways to meet other singles; here are just a few ideas that may help you find events that could lead you to that special someone.
Viewing entries tagged
Phoenix is a big city, with a large population. Trying to find a place where you can meet the type of guy you want can be overwhelming. Hopefully, this list can point you in the direction of a go-to place to find your guy.
Finding women in a city as big as Phoenix can be overwhelming. With so many options of places to go out and things to do, it is difficult to know which ones will be the best places to find single women. Hopefully, with this list of places to check out, and a little bit of research that should make you feel more optimistic and ready to take on the city, you can narrow down your search and find the woman of your dreams.
First of all, don’t think that Phoenix is just like any other city. It is definitely not hopeless to find the woman you have been waiting for. In fact, according to Time, in 2011, Phoenix was ranked the number one city for single women. This was based on a variety of factors, from Phoenix’s low cost of living, to its sunny weather, and excellent nightlife. We know that 2011 was three years ago, but it is still a very promising find. Not that much can change in three years, right?
AZ Foothills Magazine offers more promising research, stating that in 2013, Scottsdale was named the #1 city in Arizona that single men and women are most likely to want a relationship by PlentyOfFish.com. All the more reason to not be discouraged!
Nightlife was a large factor in choosing Phoenix as the number one city for single women, so it seems only right that we focus on that for the remainder of this blog. With that in mind, here are a few great bars to find single women:
This bar offers up some of the best cocktails in the city, in an extremely elegant and upscale setting. They also offer 45 beers and 40 wines, so there is something for everyone. Plus, it is known for being a common spot for a lot of single women who may be on the lookout for a guy just like you.
This bar offers great live music all the time and a large selection of beer and wine. There is no hard alcohol here, but plenty of single women.
This bar has 42 types of martinis, live music and an easy atmosphere to talk and get to know your neighbor. With a little luck, you may meet the woman of your dreams.
Crescent Ballroom offers live music every day, a lounge with a full bar and a kitchen serving a fantastic menu. So whether you are in the mood for dancing, visiting with people while having a drink or just trying out a new dish, it is the perfect place to be to meet women.
This bar offers the perfect lounge ambiance, with a large selection of beverages. A great scene to meet someone special.
The research shows it: Phoenix and Scottsdale are great cities for finding a lovely lady. So stay optimistic, and visit some of these incredible bars your city offers. You will be glad you did!
Have some special places of your own? Let us know in the comments below!
If you have ever seen the show Cheers, you know that bars are the classic place to meet new people. Bars are a place to drink, relax, and most importantly, to socialize. Here are 19 great bars in the wonderful city of Phoenix:
- Saddle Ranch Chop House This place has a huge bar, mechanical bulls, and even an outdoor fire pit. It is the perfect place to find a meat-eating guy or a girl who loves cowgirl boots.
- Half Moon Sports Grill If you love football, and want a guy or girl who does too, this bar offers great game-day specials and huge TV’s to watch the game while you’re chatting it up with a potential future date.
- World of Beer This bar offers 58 beers on tap, and 500 in the bottle, so if you are a beer lover, this is the place to be. There is also a platform on the second story for bands and DJs to perform.
- Culinary Dropout at the Yard This bar has a 3,000-foot patio that offers games like Ping-Pong, corn hole, Foosball and shuffleboard. If you love the outdoors and games, this place cannot be beat.
- Jade Bar If you are looking for a classy, elegant bar with great views, check out the Jade Bar. It has a floor-to-ceiling glass wall overlooking Paradise Valley, as well as a semi-enclosed patio with a gas fireplace.
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill If you love country, this is the place for you. They have live karaoke, DJ’s and live country music.
- Fez This bar offers plenty of fancy cocktails, and is a restaurant with small plates. It has a very sleek and modern look to it, so if that appeals to you, try it out.
- W Scottsdale Hotel and Residences and Sushi Roku Rumor has it that plenty of famous athletes have been spotted here. If you love a swanky atmosphere with the chance to see some famous ball players, this is the place for you.
- The Shout House If you love piano, this is a dueling-piano bar that also offers tons of food and drink specials- what more could you want?
- Four Peaks in TempeThis bar offers a huge patio, with plenty of tables to push together if you want to go in a group. If mingling with your neighbor is what you want, this is the bar for you.
- Windsor This bar has a great patio, and has been called a more modern beer garden. It has something for everyone, with plenty of wine, cocktail, and beer options.
- Durant’s If you sometimes wish that you lived in a simpler time, try out this place. It has dark wallpaper, deep leather booths and servers in bowties; a major throwback.
- Last Drop Bar in the Hermosa Inn If you just love a good cocktail, this place has a wide variety to try.
- Alice Cooperstown Restaurant If you love music references, but also want to watch the game, servers wear plenty of black eye make-up here, just like Alice Cooper, and the bar has 10 monitors and 5 big screens for the sports fan.
- Cadillac Ranch Another great choice for country fans, this bar offers a mechanical bull, DJ’s and live music and an awesome patio.
- Blue Hound Kitchen and Cocktails If you are a cocktail snob, this is the place for you, with an award-winning mixologist on staff.
- Caffe Boa If you love wine, you will love their extensive list, which can be paired with one of their pastas or entrees.
- Canteen Modern Tequila The name says it all. If tequila is your liquor of choice, this place has 100. It also has a DJ on the weekends.
- Stadium Club If you can’t get enough karaoke, they have it Tuesday-Sunday nights, along with dozens of TV’s to watch the game.
Just like every individual, every bar is different. Hopefully with these many options, you’ll find one that suits your style.
Let us know in the comments below some of your favorite Arizona bars!
Phoenix Dating Tips One would think that dating in the city would be easy; since there are so many people, it should not be terribly difficult to find one person that you would love to spend the rest of your life with.
Unfortunately, though, shows like Sex and the City have proven that this is not the case. If you are living in the Phoenix or Scottsdale Area and are starting to feel a little bit like Carrie Bradshaw, here are some tips to help you to navigate the dating scene in your city amidst the desert.
Tip #1: Try out speed dating.
Phoenix and Scottsdale have a surprising number of speed dating events in the area, hosted by a few different groups. The nice thing about speed dating is that you know that the people who are involved are looking to date, too, so it can narrow down your search in a city full of people. Here are three resources that are worth checking out:
- Pre-dating Speed Dating- This website offers speed-dating events for single professionals in the Scottsdale area that are facilitated by members of their staff. At the end of each session, they will e-mail people who requested to see each other again. For more information, visithttp://www.pre-dating.com/phoenix/scottsdale-speed-dating/.
- Date Switch- This website lists weekly speed dating events that include 5-minute “mini dates” events for singles. Check outhttp://www.dateswitch.com/city/speed-dating-phoenix-scottsdale.html.
- MeetUp Groups- MeetUp.com has a specific group devoted to speed dating that, once you make a profile and join, will send you emails notifying you of upcoming events. Search Phoenix/Scottsdale Singles Speed Dating on meetup.com for more information.
Tip #2: Check out the nightlife.
If speed dating feels a little too structured to you, Scottsdale and Phoenix have a great nightlife scene that is worth checking out. According to the New York Times, Scottsdale is one of the “hippest and most happening” places in the country.
Downtown Scottsdale is home to most of the nightlife, especially between Camelback and Osborn roads. Because most of the bars and nightclubs are located within walking distance of one another, crowds of 40,000+ congregate here on the weekends.
Tip #3: Try out new date ideas.
If bars and nightclubs aren’t really your scene, try out some of these more eclectic locations to meet people or go on dates:
- Old Town Scottsdale- This area has a plethora of boutiques, cafes, museums and art galleries to explore with a date, or maybe to meet that special someone.
- Marshall Way Arts District- The first Thursday of each month in this area offers an art walk, with live music, gallery openings and refreshments.
- 5th Avenue Shops of Scottsdale- Even if shopping does not seem like a good date idea, this street offers over 35 restaurants in addition to many boutiques and art galleries- something for everyone!
City dating can be overwhelming, with so many options for places to go and people to meet. Hopefully, with these tips, you can more confidently navigate the Phoenix/ Scottsdale dating scene.