Dating can be hard. In fact, dating can be so hard that sometimes it requires support. A professional wingman/wingwoman will help you in your search for love.
Viewing entries tagged
In an effort to get to the heart of the dos and don’ts of dating, the dating experts here at Cupid's Cronies are going to take a look season 11 of the “Bachelorette” and analyze some of the factors that made Kaitlyn choose the way she did. We are here to identify behavioral patterns that you ladies might find to be deal-breakers, and you guys should avoid.
Dating can be difficult, but meeting the right kind of people can be even harder. Here is a compilation of all the local singles events in the Twin Cities to help you get out there and meet other singles. 1) Speed Dating events - You'll meet up to a dozen other single professionals face-to-face in your age and interest group through a series of six minute "Pre-Dates" at a local club, café, or restaurant. They facilitate the whole thing so there's no awkwardness, no pressure, no embarrassment and no games... just great fun! Pre-Dating then emails each guest a list of participants who would like to hear from them again! Odds are you'll have one or more matches (more than two-thirds of Pre-Daters match with at least one person). Remember, now there's a better way. Before you date...Pre-Date!
2) Lock and Key Events - How it all works:
- Your goal is to match the right lock with the right key
- Do it and get a ticket for the prize drawing, more tickets = more chances to win!
- You then get a new lock or key and go back into the fray to repeat the process
- Find someone you like, stay and talk for a bit! Exchange contact info if you like.
- Throughout your quest you'll meet 50, 100 or more people of the opposite sex.
3) Twin Cities Northeast Social - This group is specifically designed for anyone to attend a wide range of events in the North East Metro Areas. Members range from 20's to mid-60's+. If you'd like to have fun at events, meet new and fun people, then you've come to the right place. Members consist of lively, active and fun people. Although most members are single., you don't need to be single to join the group. Some of the events are going to be with other groups as "joint events". We will be always on the look-out for new events in the North Eastern area!
4) Like wine? Check out Wine Events. This website has a list of upcoming Wine & Food Events for Minneapolis-St.Paul.
5) Single and a parent? Parents without Partners is a great place to meet other parents. PWP is the largest international, nonprofit membership organization devoted to the welfare and interests of single parents and their children. Single parents may join one of the many chapter around the US and Canada; they may be male or female, custodial or non-custodial, separated, divorced, widowed or never married.
In this new age of online dating, we all have a horror story or two. Like a friend of mine who went on a date with a guy she met online, and he spent the entire evening talking about Disney princess – in a serious manner. He couldn’t understand why she wasn’t interested in date number two. I went on a date with a guy once who talked on his cell phone throughout the date, so rude considering we were at the movies. Yet another friend of mine went on a date with a guy who forgot his wallet so he left her at the dinner table and jumped the back fence never to be seen again!
Online dating can be successful for some (many people have found love and even marriage). But the bad stories often out-weigh the good. That’s where a matchmaker steps in. Unlike the online algorithms, a matchmaking service offers a real person to help you find love. With such an important task at hand (a handsome or pretty face to stare at for the rest of your days), shouldn’t you entrust the matchmaking to the professionals?
Matchmakers have spanned many decades and many cultures. In fact, the matchmaker is one of the oldest professions in the book, appearing in many religious and historical texts. Matchmakers were thought to be wise, essential advisors, possessing a deep understanding of the human condition. Today, matchmakers are so much more than they were in the past. Don’t let the Fiddler on the Roof image fool you. The modern matchmaker has a bevy of tools to make you the perfect match.
Not only can a matchmaker bring two people together based on personality, interests, values, and looks, he or she can filter potential matches so you have less horror stories and more romantic adventures. Matchmakers can offer services like a dating coach who, just like a personal trainer, will coach you on how to be your most awesome self and let your greatness shine. They can be your personal wingman, helping you get out there in the world and find the perfect person to spend your life with. Unlike the uncertain world of online dating, matchmakers build your trust and add a human touch, they won’t let you go on that date from hell and in case of Disney Princess talk they’re always a phone call away.